Aegis

Making Playoffs: Football Finishes Tough

Maria Cremaschi, Clubs Editor

After a five-year hiatus, Bloomington High School’s Football team made it back into the playoffs. The BHS football team has been working hard since the first day of practice, which is obvious by their 7-3 season record.  “They are very athletic, they are a big deep group of players and they have all potential to play exciting games,” added Coach Godfrey, the new Bloomington Head Football Coach.

Making the playoffs is an exciting opportunity for the seniors, and continuing motivation for the junior, sophomore and freshman players. “Every time you are in the playoffs, every game becomes more difficult because both teams know that if they don’t play their best, the season is over.  Nobody is an easy out. Anyway, I think we have a chance to win,” stated Coach Godfrey. As a senior, this was the last chance for all of them to experience the playoffs for the first time, and to make their high school football careers lasts longer. As a junior, a sophomore, or a freshman, this pushes them to do their best to achieve the same goal next year.

The Raiders officially ended their post season on Saturday against Crete Monee. “There’s always stuff that you are looking to improve on, but I think that this season we have gotten better in certain things,” said Coach Mulcahy.  Because of the solid base made this year, and the continuing motivation of the coaches and athletes to improve, the hope for making playoffs next season is a definite possibility.

The student news site of Bloomington High School