The student news site of Bloomington High School

Aegis

Fall sports update

Boys Cross country took 5th place out of 18 teams at the Springfield Lanphier Invite.  Nick Doud was the top Raider runner in 10th followed by Olmstead 22nd, Gibson 34th, Turnbull 40th and Bradford in 42nd.

Girls Cross Country brought home 10th with freshman Kaitlin Skeate again finishing as the top Raider runner in 18th.  

Volleyball started the week with a 2-0 win over Big 12 opponent Peoria Notre Dame.  Then over the weekend they traveled to the highly competitive Crossroads Classic in Effingham, IL.  The team went 2-3 on the weekend with wins over Moline and Owensboro(KY).  The Lady Raiders dropped matches to Edwardsville, Herman (MO) and Ursuline (MO).   A special congratulations to volleyball coach Joe Sanders on recording his 500th win as the Raider head coach!

Girls swimming had their first home meet of the season when the hosted Champaign Central on Thursday night.  The team then traveled North and competed in the Hinsdale South Invite over the weekend.  The team again has several strong swimmers with goals of returning to the State tournament.

Boys soccer continues to play well and compete strongly but comes up again on the short side of the score.  Djibril Thiam scored the lone BHS goal in a 1-2 loss to Richwoods.   On Saturday the short-handed team due to ACT and injuries testing fell to Metamora 0-4.

Girls Tennis started the week with a 6-3 victory over Springfield.  Ayers, Frank and Vakkalanka each won 2 matches.  On the eve of the Purple Invite, the first of three home tournaments, they played Belleville West.  In the Purple Invite, a short-handed team due to ACT and injuries placed 15th.  

Boys Golf took advantage of a light week to log some practice rounds before heading to Mattoon on Saturday.  The boys brought home 5th place.  After a team round of 350 to start the Invite they responded with second team round of only 309!  Jackson Sutton led the way with a 2 round score of 156.

Girls golf competed in the annual Intercity tournament played at ISU’s Weibring Golf Club.  The team was led by Lyle.

Fall sports update