Aegis

Winter Sports Update

The boys swim team had an outstanding week of competition winning three straight dual meets in a one-week time period.  They beat Springfield HS 95-72 on Tuesday, defeated Central Catholic 100-68 on Thursday and then took down Danville on Saturday 87-60.  It was a great team effort for the athletes and coaches as numerous Raider swimmers earned top 3 finishes in multiple events.

The Varsity cheer team took 1st place in the medium size division and the JV cheer team took 1st place in the small team size division at the Peoria H.S. cheer Invite.   The varsity team also took 1st place in the Bradley Bourbonnais cheer competition.

Boys basketball enjoyed an incredible environment and played in front of a standing room-only crowd as they hosted the Normal West Wildcats in an Intercity re-match.  In a back and forth fast paced game, the Raiders suffered a 43-49 loss on the home court.

Girls basketball dropped a road game at Morton (defending State Champs) 37-64 but rebound on Thursday to beat a solid Lincoln squad 42-41.   On Saturday, the Lady Raiders hosted a “pink” game fundraiser to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  Although the team lost a heartbreaker on a last second shot 45-47 to Normal West their fundraising efforts generated over $700 for cancer research.   Thanks to everyone who attended and supported the team!

The girls bowling team took 4th place in the 2nd annual Raider Invite hosted at Twin City Lanes.  Kristi Collins led the team with both the high 3 and 6 game series and she also rolled a game high 201!

The Raider wrestling team traveled to Mattoon H.S. for 4 dual matches.  The team finished the day with a 3-1 record posting wins over Belleville East (57-16), Mascoutah (63-9) and Cahokia (57-15) with the lone loss coming to Collinsville (34-36).

The student news site of Bloomington High School
Winter Sports Update