Aegis

Winter Sports Update 12/18/17

Boys swimming saw a 3 meet win streak come to an end at the hands of Champaign Centennial (54-122).   Robbie Pratt took first in the 200 free and 2nd in the 500 free, Kendall Cross took 1st in both the 200 IM and the 100 free and Justin Sharp finished 2nd in the 50 free and 100 fly events.  On Saturday the boys team hosted 17 teams in the annual BHS Raider Invite and the Raiders finish in 9th place overall.   Raider top results include:

3rd Place – Robbie Pratt in 100 butterfly

6th Place – Cross, Pratt, Miller and Sharp in 200 medley relay

7th Place – Kendall Cross in 200 free

6th Place – Robbie Pratt in 200 IM

5th Place – Kendall Cross in 500 free

5th Place – Burns, Pratt, Sharp and Cross in 200 free relay

Girls basketball traveled to Champaign Central and earned a hard fought Big 12 victory, beating the host Maroons 55-46.   Bett O’Neal led the Raiders with 20 points.  The girls play next in the annual State Farm Holiday Classic over the winter break.   You can follow results and when they will play at:   http://theclassic.org/brackets/large-school-girls/

Boys basketball also traveled to Champaign Central for a Big 12 match-up and recorded their first Conference win of the season with an overtime win of 79-76.  Chris Payton provided 17 points and 11 rebounds but it was a team effort as Fisher netted 15, Johnson 14 and Pugh 14 points in the win.   On Saturday the Raiders traveled to Missouri and played in the Midwest Showdown Shootout against Cardinal Ritter of Missouri.  The Raiders got a second win of the weekend in a high scoring 94-87 victory.   Payton again led scoring with 25 points as Fisher had 20, Pugh 15 and Tyler Washington had 14 pts. and 12 rebounds.    The boys team plays next in the Pontiac Holiday Tournament and you can follow along at:  http://www.pontiacholidaytournament.com

The Cheer team took 2nd place over the weekend in the Joliet West Invite.

Varsity wrestling had the week off but will get back to action over the winter break.  Be sure to mark your calendar for Thursday, Jan. 4th as it will be the only time this season the varsity wrestlers compete at home when they take on Conference opponents Urbana, Centennial and Peoria H.S. at 5pm in the N.gym.

The student news site of Bloomington High School
Winter Sports Update 12/18/17